Yesterday, I thought of trying to run Emgu CV on Mac OSX.
I write what I did for that here.
*Emgu CV is a OSS Open CV wrapper for .Net framework.
OS: Mac OSX Snow Leopard (10.6.4) failed
Mac OSX Leopard(10.5.8) succeed!
1. Installing Mono and Monodevelop (for now you dont really need Monodevelop)
== Japanese problem ==
You need to specify a font that can be used for your own language if you are using Multi-bytes.
Create next file with admin authority.
4. Creating make file by cmake
Write a line like below.
"Lucida Grande" = "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro"
[Ref.] http://d.hatena.ne.jp/InoHiro/20090413/1239615631 (Japanese)
2. Installing depending libraries via Macports
sudo port selfupdatesudo port upgrade outdatedsudo port install cmakesudo port install ffmpegsudo port install tiff
3. Get a source code from SVN repository
svn co https://emgucv.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/emgucv/trunk emgucv
5. Executing make
6. Running samples
move to bin directory
set value to read library from current directory
execute a sample
7. Setting Log level and execute again
It seems 64bit is not supported by Mono 2.6.7 so that it is hard to run on Snow Leopard.
8. Trying to build with 32bit option
got an error at make command.
It said something like Open CV should be 64bit...
hmm, I gave up with Snow Leopard ...
9. Trying with Leopard (10.5.8)
Mostly same as above however library path was different so set as below.
I could run the sample!